Thursday, April 28, 2011

In the Begining....

"GET DOWN HERE NOW"

It was odd answering the phone, late in the afternoon and hearing that sentence yelled into my ear.

"Why are you yelling at me? And get down where?"

My friend Kelly quickly explained that at the fast food restaurant she was working at, they were holding  interviews. She told me to get down as quickly as I could, resume in hand. So I did.
I was interviews by a woman names, Susan. Who I found out later was the owner of our store. Later I had my interview with Maria. The general manager. She asked me about my pant size...I asked her if I had the job, and the answer was Yes.
I was thrilled, my first job. Sure it wasn't glamorous sure it wasn't even good pay. But it was my job, and I was damn happy about it.
It was only 2 weeks later, after training and waiting would I actually see what kind of Hell I had gotten myself into.

1 comment:

  1. haha, try working in the food services, not at mc. D or anything, but like an actual kitchen. its horrid.

    ReplyDelete